Fun, fellowship and fitness are the goals of the Cycling Group at Plainfield UMC. Whether you are new to cycling or have been riding for years, we hope you will consider joining us! Our typical ride is 15-20 miles at a pace of 12-13 miles per hour.
The Cycling Group is designed for:
- Those who enjoy riding their bicycle but wish they could ride with a group.
- Those who want to explore some of the great bike paths around the area.
- Those who wish they had a low-impact way to stay (or get) in shape.
- Anyone wanting extra motivation to get off the couch!
The specific activities for this group include things such as:
- At least a couple of group rides per month in the warm season. Ride times vary from week to week.
- Basic bike maintenance.
- One long full-day destination ride each year. In past years we’ve ridden from the church to Starved Rock State Park, and to Lake Geneva, WI.
- Encouraging others in the church and community to join our group!
Meeting Date/Time: Various times, generally 2-3 times per month in the warm season
Meeting Location: Off-site (various regional bike paths, etc.)
Contact: For more information, contact the church office at (815) 436-9651 or via email. And while it hasn’t been updated for a while, our blog at http://pumc-cycling.blogspot.com/ gives a sense of the type of rides we have done in the past.
[slickr-flickr tag=”cycling” items=”19″ type=”slideshow” captions=”off” delay=”3″]