Formed in October of 2012, the PUMC Green Team has adopted the following as our Mission Statement to convey the intention and focus of this new small group:
“Educate and encourage ideas about how to live greener, and together act in ways that will lead all to become better stewards of God’s creation.”
Contact: Contact Carol May (carolsuemay [at] gmail.com), our group’s leader, for more information.
Connect with us on Facebook – Green Team Page
4th Annual Really Really Free Market
Saturday, August 6, 2016
8:30 am – 3 pm
- Beginning July 11 you can drop off donations at Joliet Junior college in the A Building by the cafeteria. You can also bring your donations to the Plainfield Village Hall Mon-Fri 7:30 am to 5 pm
- Do you have items in your home that you don’t need or want to use, that may eventually end up in the garbage or landfill? Is there “stuff” just taking up space and causing clutter in your home?
- Would you like to donate to those in need? Then PUMC has just the “ticket” and it’s all about freely sharing and caring — for our neighbors and the environment. * Connect with us on Facebook – RRFM Page
- Huffington Post Green News
- Good Housekeeping Green News
- Conservation Plainfield *Volunteer!
- Walk A Mile Project *Volunteer!
- Keep America Beautiful
- North American Association for Environmental Education
- Famous Environmental Activists
- Citizens Against Ruining the Environment – CARE *Volunteer!
- Helpers of Mother Earth *Volunteer!
Green News You Can Use
What can be recycled? Residents in Will County can visit the Will County Green website for a wealth of information on recycling.
Composting is a natural form of recycling, which continually occurs in nature. Is composting an option for you? Read all about composting here: Clean Gardening: Beginner’s Guide to Home Composting
Interested in learning or volunteering for environmental issues? Check out these links!
Do you have a link or website that you would like to share? We would love to hear from you and add it to our “green list.” Email Carol May (carolsuemay [at] gmail.com).