There are many important things in life we can plan for our own future and for a flourishing future for others. Often we don’t plan for serious life events because we’re too consumed with the stuff of daily life.
Rest assured. There are some important things you can do for your future and the future of others that actually take little time to get done compared to the impact they will have on the quality of your life. Many future-oriented things are a one-and-done or a simple discipline you can set on autopilot and then feel good about yourself and enjoy life.
Schedule one hour on your calendar. Name the hour simply: “The Future.” It just might be the most important hour of your week or even your year. When that hour comes, “the future” will have arrived. Sit down, relax, pray a simple prayer, read 2 Corinthians 4:11-18; 5:16-21, and plan at least two of the future-oriented items below: your pledge as a member of the body of Christ to God’s future through the work of Plainfield UMC and one of the other items. Through these plans you will gain a wider glimpse of the eternal life God is giving you in each and every moment of your life. Amen.
- pray in thanks to God for the blessings of your life
- set up / increase automatic payments to pay off debt
- set up / increase automatic retirement savings
- sign a durable power of attorney for healthcare
- make a will / guardianship for your kids
- set up automatic college savings for your kids
- make arrangements for burial or cremation
- planned giving
Do you have questions about any of these future-oriented plans? Please contact the church office, and we will assist you as best as can.