I’ve been watching a lot of the History Channel. They have great programs on the Presidents of the United States. You may have seen President Kennedy giving one of his speeches back in the early 1960’s. Many of you know “the rest of the story,” as Paul Harvey used to say. Kennedy was famous for his demonstrative line:
“ASK NOT, WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY.”
Maybe you are already involved in the life of the church in a variety of ways, or maybe you are looking for a way to get involved more than you are at present. PUMC has many small groups, activities and organizations that tap into a variety of age groups and interests. Maybe you have a talent or skill or a desire that needs to be kindled. It could be a short term activity, a one time seminar, an outing for someone special. The limit is only in your imagination. So:
“ASK NOT WHAT YOUR CHURCH CAN DO FOR YOU, BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR CHURCH.”
What talents can you bring to the life of your church? Contact the church office or pastors with the great personal giftedness you have to offer.
Vital Congregation Committee
Administrative Council Chair
Need some ideas to prime your thinking about the talents you have?
- Do you have computer skills – PowerPoint experience? Help prepare for worship services.
- Love to entertain – become a coffee host.
- Concerned about social justice – join the Church & Society Committee.
- Are you friendly? Ever feel out of place? Become a Greeter or Usher to make others feel welcome at PUMC.
- Maybe you’re a “techie”; join the A/V team.
- Sweet Spot for children? Del Valle needs community sponsors.
- Organization your bag? The children’s library is calling your name!
- Free on the 4th Wednesday? Help at the Trinity Food Pantry in Joliet.
- Wonder what on earth is up with teenagers today? Join the Youth Ministry Team and learn, teach, embrace our PUMC teens.